Glass cages build Quality

Will

I may end up having a tank built for my new build (if im going to spend the money on everything else, i might as well get everything how i like it). If any of you have used them please let me know what you think of their job quality. the tank i will want will be rimless and trimless, therefore, their silicon work is of utmost importance to me.

Thank

Will

Read Hydro Innovations build thread because he gives you a pretty good idea of what you'll be getting for your money. I think the overall, general consensus on GC is that they build solid tanks at affordable prices, but with sloppy silicon work and poor customer service.

Personally, I'd prefer to go with AGE. However, if cost is a factor (AGE is expensive), I'd look at OceanView for a custom tank build (Jake at RCA is a distributor).

I tried Kingfish when I was looking... They are very hard to get a hold off and return calls - probably very busy. I ended up going with Jake at RCA... He was very helpful and definitely recommend him for custom tanks and set ups.

• 3 weeks later...

My rimless tank is from GC, and the general consensus is correct. Pretty horrible customer service, and sloppy silicone work, but for the price they are tough to beat. My tank was half the price from GC then from anyone else. Feel free to come by and take a look if you want to see an example.

I saw a thread on RC about a week ago and someone had one of their tanks for about a year and a half and it sprung a huge leak. I'd be very careful because there was a lot of people chiming in about the quality you get. Here's the thread:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2036731&highlight=glass+cages

I was really impressed with MEDI's tank! what i want when i go big! worth going to go look at!

My rimless tank is from GC, and the general consensus is correct. Pretty horrible customer service, and sloppy silicone work, but for the price they are tough to beat. My tank was half the price from GC then from anyone else. Feel free to come by and take a look if you want to see an example.

I had a sump built for me at GC. They actually worked well for me and the sump worked great with no leaks over a year before I reconfigured. They do not build a beautiful tank like AGE, but for the money, they got the job done. I wouldn't have a huge display made by them, but I did want to share that I had a decent experience personally. Remember, it is the unhappy customers that make the most noise. You never hear from the happy ones. You usually only hear the cacophony of the unhappy ones.

I would go with DSA or AGE over GC. My 375 is built from DSA and I am VERY happy with it. Ocean view is a offshoot of DSA fyi and cheaper.The best thing about AGE though is that they are light, very light. We moved a 300 with only 4 people very easy.

My current tank is a GC 120 euro-brace top and bottom (48x24x25T). The silicone isnt realy that big a deal, u can trim the eccess with no problem and make is look fine. My tank will be up forsale in a few months once i get everything transfered into my new tank.