Vivid Aquariums GB #19: "I saw it on TV and I HAD to have it"

mcallahan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbitfish was looking a bit tepid and was sideways in the bag when I got home so I did an accelerated acclimation. Didn't even hide when I released him. Started going after algae immediately. Awesome.

Rabbitfish was looking a bit tepid and was sideways in the bag when I got home so I did an accelerated acclimation. Didn't even hide when I released him. Started going after algae immediately. Awesome.

good! Remember if he kicks the bucket to take a pic for the refund. Hope he does well though. Great looking fish.

Tiger tail went creepily into a rock... clam on the sand with a couple of big, flat frag plugs underneath it for its foot to attach... SPS doing fine... and last but not least, the elegance was open and happily waving tentacles already. We'll see if I made a mistake in getting it...

My clown "pair" are quarreling. I've got nipped fins now and they haven't really exhibited any "pair" like behavior other than in the literal sense that there are two of them. I guess them grouping up (per my previous post on them) was short lived.

This rabbitfish has eaten an epic amount of caulerpa racemosa in the past week. Mine was literally over an inch deep across 75% of my rock. I thought it would take him a month to get it all. I would conservatively guess that he has eaten more than a pound of it if it was all in a single pile. If anyone has caulerpa problems and would like to borrow him, I don't think I would mind. Off to the store to actually buy food for him.

My clown "pair" are quarreling. I've got nipped fins now and they haven't really exhibited any "pair" like behavior other than in the literal sense that there are two of them. I guess them grouping up (per my previous post on them) was short lived.

still having an issues?

This rabbitfish has eaten an epic amount of caulerpa racemosa in the past week. Mine was literally over an inch deep across 75% of my rock. I thought it would take him a month to get it all. I would conservatively guess that he has eaten more than a pound of it if it was all in a single pile. If anyone has caulerpa problems and would like to borrow him, I don't think I would mind. Off to the store to actually buy food for him.

oh! awesome! Don't give your fish away though...he's cool!

still having an issues?

Well they aren't acting pair-ish much. They mostly swim by themselves... Maybe I am expecting to much? Dave said a BTA would help (he said these were paired in a tank with a BTA) so I bought one reluctantly and all that's done so far is hidden in my rockwork since Saturday. It puffs up during the day but it's not in a place I can spot feed it so I hope it's getting food out of the column.