any guesses?

mhart032

I bought a rock with some magicians and on the underside of the rock i saw this white thing with a pink center, and wrote it off to be a mushroom well looking at the rock today it seems to have moved to the top of the rock and has gotten a little bigger. anyone wanna take a stab at what it is? im thinking a nem but heck i dont know. this is the best pic i can take at the moment, but its white with a tint of neon green with a pink center. when i touch it it recluses and closes. to open rite back up again with in a couple seconds.

post-959-0-76501000-1307487077_thumb.jpg

I was thinking a bleached out ricordea but they don't have that fast of a response time. At least mine don't. My guess is a mini-carpet anemone because that's what mine looked like when it got sucked into the sump and lost a ton of color with the low lighting down there.

Touch it, if it's really sticky, then I think it is a mini carpet anemone. Mine is pink in the center with neon green looking veins coming out the middle. If I was at home, I would forward a pic but I'm traveling right now. I'll hit you up when I get home.

-Ty

I've never seen a recordia move though. It completely moved to the other side of the rock. From the bottom to the top to get light. It's really to small for me to feel if it's sticky. I have recordias and it doesn't look the same.

Matt

With the touch response, I'm thinking a nem as well.

Perhaps a seabae anem? I was given one that was not doing well & was completely white. After a couple weeks in my tank it got happy; stayed bone white, but got purple tips. I've seen them quite small (quarter to half dollar, all the way up to small plate), so size isn't a big factor.

It's a mini carpet. I messages Hamp whom I got the magicians from. He said he had some in his tank and I must have gotten one. So a nem it is. He's gonna have to go. My tank is to new for a nem, I'm afraid he won't make it in such a new setup.

Matt

or you could just give it to me biggrin.gif

I'm picking up my first maxi mini carpet from Mr. Cobb on Sunday and I plan to start a mini carpet garden :). I'm supper excited about it!

Yep, mini-carpet. Looks exactly like the clone mine threw. Pretty darn hardy, but even better if you target feed it. I do think it's the culprit in a few of my smaller missing fish.