Cure time for Krylon

Derry

I sprayed a veggie clip black using Krylon so it wouldn't stand out so much when it's in the tank. Anybody have any practical experience with the curing time needed before I can safely put the clip back in the tank? Probably being paranoid, but still...

24 to 48 hours seems to be the consensus on the web after some Googling.

I understand the desire to hide the clip, but personally putting anything painted in the tank seems a bit scary to me.

don't know about the molecular bonding business, but i googled using it in an aquarium. There are a lot of posts on other reef boards where people have done it. The common advice seems to be 3-4 light coats and a lot of drying time. The consensus seemed to be Krylon Fusion was safe

don't know about the molecular bonding business, but i googled using it in an aquarium. There are a lot of posts on other reef boards where people have done it. The common advice seems to be 3-4 light coats and a lot of drying time. The consensus seemed to be Krylon Fusion was safe

:cool:

I got these tarp clips from an auto parts store that are black plastic and are the best nori clip I've ever used. Derry I have an extra one if you want it LMK and I can bring it to the office. I'm not too far from you. I'm on 183 just across from Ace hardware.

Just a quick update. The paint in question is, in fact, Krylon Fusion, not just the "regular" Krylon. My bad on that one. However, after letting it cure for about 5 days, everything seems to be going well. No flaking (but it's early yet), no tank issues, and the black clip is a lot less conspicuous than it was when it was white.