fishface

I am fishface and very new to this forum. I need some live rock for my new/used 24 gallon nano cube and would also like to hear if my fellow saltwater enthusiasts think I need to add a protein skimmer to my set up. It's just been up for a week now and I've added a small crab until the tank settles in. I also have 2 fresh water tanks that I really enjoy. Is there a place to put a classified ad about items I am looking for or want to sell? I can't find the info anywhere and would appreciate any info anyone can provide. Thanks!

As a fellow newbie, both to the site and the hobby, welcome! I've had my 60 gallon tank up for about 2 months now and I'm not running a skimmer. The vast majority of hobbyists, if not all of them, will recommend getting one, as I will too. I just haven't had the funds or the space for it yet, but do plan on getting one soon.

As far as your classifieds, this website has a section for buying, selling, trading, and free stuff all located on the homepage, just a section or two below this Welcome Section. Highly recommended, there's always cool stuff there.

Has your tank cycled yet? Definitely take your time in cycling it; I wish I had waited just a tad bit longer. It makes it that much harder to clean things that the cycle causes once you have a bunch of snails and fish in there. I've added a bunch of extra live rock in the past week and its difficult to avoid crushing the little critters.

Good luck with your build! Everyone always says "welcome to the addiction" and I always wondered why... well, it IS addicting, so welcome!

• Like 1

I am fishface and very new to this forum. I need some live rock for my new/used 24 gallon nano cube and would also like to hear if my fellow saltwater enthusiasts think I need to add a protein skimmer to my set up. It's just been up for a week now and I've added a small crab until the tank settles in. I also have 2 fresh water tanks that I really enjoy. Is there a place to put a classified ad about items I am looking for or want to sell? I can't find the info anywhere and would appreciate any info anyone can provide. Thanks!

Here is the link to buy or sell stuff if you havent found it already: http://www.austinree...5-want-to-sell/