Dealing with short power cords

Mindflux

So I've got a Tunze 9002 that's going in my Solana, it's got a short cord (4 feet maybe?) Originally I had planned to run my plug strips/timer strips from within my stand and this seems like it might work OK for most of the stuff requiring power, except this Tunze skimmer.

What do you folks with AIO's do if you run into something with a short cord? Do you mount a plug strip via velcro on the back of the stand or extend the cord somehow? (maybe a cheap extension cord is the best fix here?)...

As I said, I think the Tunze is the only thing that'll give me this problem... but I wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mountain out of a mole hill and trying to over-fix my problem.

Thanks guys.

That's a tough one. My concern would be water somehow following the cord down to where the two plug ends meet. My first thought would be to velcro, or in some other way fasten, the receiving end of an electric cord to the wall so that the female end is facing down. I would have the male cord coming out of the skimmer plugged into it providing a loop for any water that gets on there to drip off.

Use an extension cord with a drip loop above the union. Make sure you use a GFCI outlet or power strip.

I'll see if I can work with this. The cord is so short enough that there's not enough slack to loop it "after" the cutout in my stand. So the loop would have to come "Before" (higher, vertically) than the cutout I have.. which kind of makes for an "S" shaped loop to get the job done.