Moving my to a new house

KTLW

Can anyone recommend someone in Austin who offers a tank moving service? I have tried getting information from Kingfish & Sea Clearly but they have not returned my emails or phone calls. I need to get the tanked moved on Saturday morning. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

It is a 33 gallon tank & both houses are only 10 miles apart. Does anyone know what it might roughly cost as well?

Do you mind if I ask why you want to pay some one to move a 33 gallon tank? It is a very easy thing to do. All you need is a few rubbermaid tubs and maybe some help lifting. Which I'm sure you can find someone on here who would volunteer to help out.

Just put your water in buckets, rocks in large tuppleware, put the fish and corals in a separate bucket or tuppleware, and leave ur substrate in the tank, and move everything over and put in back in, let the loose sand and what not settle and temp before re acclimating the fish and corals back in though.

Can anyone recommend someone in Austin who offers a tank moving service? I have tried getting information from Kingfish & Sea Clearly but they have not returned my emails or phone calls. I need to get the tanked moved on Saturday morning. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

It is a 33 gallon tank & both houses are only 10 miles apart. Does anyone know what it might roughly cost as well?

I think Prof has it right.

But, seriously, moving a 33 shouldn't be too big a deal, especially over that short a distance. You can wrap the rocks in wet newspaper or towels(get some cheap new ones at Walmart/dollar store) to help keep it mostly fresh. If it all possible, I'd say use new water.

Thank you all for the advice, I guess I will give it a shot. I do have a couple of questions.

Do I need to keep the water circulating for the fist while they are in a bucket?

I was under the impression I have to use all of the old water, is that correct?

When I moved mine I used about 1/2 of the old water and replaced the other 1/2 with new water. For my fish and corals, i put them in tupperware with lids and did not worry about air stones or powerheads. The livestock was "out" of the tank for about 1.5 hours in tupperware.

When we moved from DFW the livestock was out of the tank (in Tupperware) for ~6 hrs - the time it took to pack up 2 tanks, drive, and unpack the livestock. Everything survived with no issues. You don't have to keep the water circulating if it's only a few hours; bacteria won't grow that fast. Using the old water helps maintain your bacterial filtration since there is bacteria in the water column, but it's negligible compared to what's in your live rock. You'll end up losing some of the old water in the packing/unpacking process so plan to have plenty on hand. The most important part is to let the sand bed settle before you put anything back in; I would wait awhile between refilling the tank and adding the livestock back in. When we moved the fish and corals spent the night in a rubbermaid bin with a powerhead and they were fine. You might also want to have some Prime and Stability on hand just in case.