reef cleaners

wizardx322

Ill be able to give the tank to you this weekend. i have another tank i can set up. medi is going to house my sps if i need him to. so its not a big deal. my fish can go in the tank as soon as i put water in it with dr tims biological. so im not to worried about that. the sump issue really sucks! i dont know what to do about it. mite end up with another sump later down the road if things dont fit. but its not a big deal. thats what they make ball valves for. i understand your hesitance on ordering. this is your first saltwater tank and its a bit nerve racking and worry some. cause everything cost money. so its understand able. ive been through that with my first tank.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be able to give the tank to you this weekend. i have another tank i can set up. medi is going to house my sps if i need him to. so its not a big deal. my fish can go in the tank as soon as i put water in it with dr tims biological. so im not to worried about that. the sump issue really sucks! i dont know what to do about it. mite end up with another sump later down the road if things dont fit. but its not a big deal. thats what they make ball valves for. i understand your hesitance on ordering. this is your first saltwater tank and its a bit nerve racking and worry some. cause everything cost money. so its understand able. ive been through that with my first tank.

I don't want to rush you and have to have someone else babysit your stuff. Whenever you are ready is fine, I'm just letting you know my limitations based on having my child most days after work (wife works a late schedule)..

Where do you get Dr. Tims in town? Would it be necessary for me to use?

Ok, i really appreciate your patients on this, i know its been a couple weeks. i understand about the having to watch the baby, and that's not a problem. we can do it when your ready as well. no hurry on my end either. im free most weekends so that works too. everything should fit in my expedition so it would be a 1 trip kinda thing. so that's easy. Mark callahan has the hook ups on the dr tims. think he can order it for you. it really for setting up new systems. systems with dead rock and dead sand sterile systems. you will probably not need anything like that. but i wont be using a hole bottle so if you want to try it i can give you some. i bottle treats 130g i think

matt

Ok, i really appreciate your patients on this, i know its been a couple weeks. i understand about the having to watch the baby, and that's not a problem. we can do it when your ready as well. no hurry on my end either. im free most weekends so that works too. everything should fit in my expedition so it would be a 1 trip kinda thing. so that's easy. Mark callahan has the hook ups on the dr tims. think he can order it for you. it really for setting up new systems. systems with dead rock and dead sand sterile systems. you will probably not need anything like that. but i wont be using a hole bottle so if you want to try it i can give you some. i bottle treats 130g i think

matt

No big deal. :) Gives me more time to prepare. Right now my wife is off Friday/Saturday so either day works for me. Friday's after work for me are fine or any time Saturday work. Eventually her shift will change to having Sat/Sunday off in a couple weeks so we'll just have to plan accordingly. I think right now I'm at a point where I'm just waiting on the tank so I can mix up salt water other than needing some carbon and gfo maybe... I'd do a reactor for that, but I don't think there's any more room in the solana for another pump and I'm not sure you could plum the solana recirc pump through a Carbon/GFO reactor without losing some flow.

Of course if we're waiting longer for things to be in motion I'll have to bow out of the Reefcleaners GB this time around since I have nothing to house the CUC in just yet.

Ok, cool. we will get it figured out. no the pump isn't strong enough for that, im not sure id do that anyway. when you put the skimmer in the first chamber not like i have it. it gives you a lot more room to do things in the second chamber. you can add your carbon and gfo to that section very easily i just drop bag in the first chamber as of rite now. ive seen people stuff it down the overflow then 100% of your water runs through the carbon and gfo. thats would be an option but im not sure how the noise would be cause you would lose the filter media pad that goes into the overflow that quiets the tank down substantially. send me a PM so we dont hijack this group order thread.

Matt

ok my order is in and paid for

i only spent $20 after the coupon lol sorry i wasnt able to contibute more money so we can get closer to the free shipping.

anyone else put their order in yet?

Just got mine in... $31.60

Hey - I just ordered from them yesterday and didn't realize we had a group buy going on. I emailed John at reef cleaners to see if he can add my order to the mix. If so, I'd be in for $24.48 or $19.48 if he lets me keep the five dollar off coupon. We'll see. Where do we pick up our order when it comes in? If we don't qualify for free shipping - how do we calculate our shipping cost in a group buy?

Hey - I just ordered from them yesterday and didn't realize we had a group buy going on. I emailed John at reef cleaners to see if he can add my order to the mix. If so, I'd be in for $24.48 or $19.48 if he lets me keep the five dollar off coupon. We'll see. Where do we pick up our order when it comes in? If we don't qualify for free shipping - how do we calculate our shipping cost in a group buy?

pick up is at matts and he will email matt i think if we didnt reach the shipping. cant be that much anyways split between everyone.

Hey Matt, I just want to let you know I've got a full day tomorrow. I work in the morning, then have a Spanish final at ACC Pinnacle at 245. Whenever I'm done with that (maybe about an hour later) I can pick my stuff up. I just want to make sure that's okay with your schedule. Let us know what the plan is as soon as you can. Thanks for receiving this stuff for us.

Caleb

Hey all, I talked with John lastnight to make sure our shipment was sent and we met the free shipping. We had a snag. He thought the order was to be closed this Friday and shipped next Tuesday. So needless to say it will be shipped today for over night tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience. But it will be here tomorrow. We didn't make the free shipping but was told it was close enough for forum. So we should be good to go. Will get a tracking number after its shipped and will be home all day tomorrow. I hope this is ok. Again sorry for the mix up

Matt

Crap. Just got another email from John. Will now ship tomorrow. So that's a positive for weds shipping and Thursday delivery! I'm again very sorry for the confusion. But I'm asured it will definitely be here on Thursday! I can meet people if needed. I know round rock is kinda far. Again! Sorry all.

Matt

I'm again very sorry for the confusion.

Matt

No worries man. It's pretty much outside of your control. Thanks for coordinating and keeping us updated.

I work pretty close, so can pick it up before I make the long trek S.

-Jason

I love that you are in round rock biggrin.gif. I live just south of you in Pflugerville and I'm used to having to drive really far to pick up frags, etc. Yay for living North East!!

I won't be able to pick up until the evening however. What are some good times (I'd prefer not to interrupt your dinner or anyone's bedtime)?

Thanks for everything :)

T

Teresa i go to bed at 7pm is that ok? lol j/k i stay up late but prefer to get everything done by 7pm there are only 5 orders i believe. so no biggie. i do have to run some errands in the mid morning have to get sand and plumbing for the new tank. bu shouldnt take me long. the order has shipped and should be here by tomorrow. just wanted to give an update. sorry for the delays. but will be worth it when you see your stuff. i love reef cleaners orders as much as vivid orders cause you really feel like you go what you paid for.

Matt