reef cleaners

wizardx322

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I can order it a little eairly. The tank should be running by Tuesday weds at the latest. Ill talk to Chad and Belinda too they are setting up a 144 that should be up and running the same time I am. Dunno really if they need anything but worth a call anyway. Ballistic reefer is setting up a 57 too and Mindflux will be re setting up my solana bout the same time. . If we can push it till the end of the week we may have a large order.

Matt

Some put a few crabs in right away, some wait until the cycle is over. You don't need them to cycle your tank so why make 'em suffer. I'd wait until you see your Ammonia-Nitrite-Nitrate cycle is about done (meaning you have a little nitrate left) and start. So to answer your question, no one can tell you exactly when your tank will be done cycling and ready for the cuc or any livestock. Some are done in a few weeks, some about a month or more. Check out that Dr. Tim's stuff that Callahan talked about in one of his videos and you will be ready for CUC right away.

Any idea where you were looking to order from? I'm down, either way, I was just asking cuz I have to pick up a light fixture from Jake at RCA, plus my wife was wanting to check the place out. I'm down in Buda, so I'd prefer to do it one one trip, if you're going to a place up north, but its no biggie

Ok I can order it a little eairly. The tank should be running by Tuesday weds at the latest. Ill talk to Chad and Belinda too they are setting up a 144 that should be up and running the same time I am. Dunno really if they need anything but worth a call anyway. Ballistic reefer is setting up a 57 too and Mindflux will be re setting up my solana bout the same time. . If we can push it till the end of the week we may have a large order.

Matt

sounds good lmk did you want to head the group order. i'm not good enough of an organizer lol

Some put a few crabs in right away, some wait until the cycle is over. You don't need them to cycle your tank so why make 'em suffer. I'd wait until you see your Ammonia-Nitrite-Nitrate cycle is about done (meaning you have a little nitrate left) and start. So to answer your question, no one can tell you exactly when your tank will be done cycling and ready for the cuc or any livestock. Some are done in a few weeks, some about a month or more. Check out that Dr. Tim's stuff that Callahan talked about in one of his videos and you will be ready for CUC right away.

I don't recall that Dr. Tims stuff, I'm assuming it's like TetraStart and the other "bio jumpstart" products?

Dr tims is the best. It's the rite bacteria. Not waste plant bacteria like the rest. Dr Tim is a marine biologist and has studied this for several yrs. Most tanks cycle in less than a week. But it's not a vicious cycle like just letting it cycle with table shrp or damzels. I will be using dr tims to cycle my tank and I suggest it to any new setup. MIndflux you will have a very small cycle your rOck has been seeded for over 5 yrs. If you see a cycle at all. You can add cleanup crew anytime.

Matt

I've ordered all my clean up crew from them. It's all done paypal. I'll email John tomorrow and let him know arc is gonna do a group buy so we get the pricing and shipping. There will be a coupon code we will need to put and a memo in the notes. Then everything will just ship at one location.

Matt

Matt

hey definitely interested in a cleanup crew for my tank probably a 60g clean up crew. let me know if its too late to jump on or not.

I've ordered all my clean up crew from them. It's all done paypal. I'll email John tomorrow and let him know arc is gonna do a group buy so we get the pricing and shipping. There will be a coupon code we will need to put and a memo in the notes. Then everything will just ship at one location.

Matt

were you able to email them today matt?

Ok talked to John, we need to figure out a date when we want it to ship and where we want it shipped. I work from home so I can get the package no problem. Everything will be setup when I give him the shipping date. I was thinking Monday for shipping then it would be here by Tuesday.

Matt

Ok talked to John, we need to figure out a date when we want it to ship and where we want it shipped. I work from home so I can get the package no problem. Everything will be setup when I give him the shipping date. I was thinking Monday for shipping then it would be here by Tuesday.

Matt

ya i'm down just let me know when the order needs to be placed by and all.

Ok how it works is, you will pay on your own, if we order over 250.00 we qualify for free shipping, otherwise the shipping will be charged but it will be less as it's a group buy and only shipping to one location. During checkout John will put your name on your package and you will pay with cc or paypal what ever you

Like. Then in notes you will put Austin reef club and he will know where it goes. So the goal is 250.00. Mindflux you can still put a crew in your rock in the buckets. It will be ok. Your not gonna starve them by any means. I would recommend it. The packaged clean up crews don't come with crabs so if you want them you have to add them. But let me tell you, your not getting baby anythings from John. He has really good product and I've never ordered cucs from anywhere else. I've gotten crabs other places and they were little bitty tiney things and it was horrible. Crabs are good size and there is I'd say a 1% death ratio. Were most are almost 1/4 of yor stuff is dead or empty shells. I highy recommend reef cleaners. Dont for get to add the penny macro algae. I'm sure lots of people on the forum that would love it if you don't need it or want it. They ship on Monday's, weds, and Fridays. For crabs and things that require next day they don't ship Fridays. Let me know if you have any questions

Matt

Ok how it works is, you will pay on your own, if we order over 250.00 we qualify for free shipping, otherwise the shipping will be charged but it will be less as it's a group buy and only shipping to one location. During checkout John will put your name on your package and you will pay with cc or paypal what ever you

Like. Then in notes you will put Austin reef club and he will know where it goes. So the goal is 250.00. Mindflux you can still put a crew in your rock in the buckets. It will be ok. Your not gonna starve them by any means. I would recommend it. The packaged clean up crews don't come with crabs so if you want them you have to add them. But let me tell you, your not getting baby anythings from John. He has really good product and I've never ordered cucs from anywhere else. I've gotten crabs other places and they were little bitty tiney things and it was horrible. Crabs are good size and there is I'd say a 1% death ratio. Were most are almost 1/4 of yor stuff is dead or empty shells. I highy recommend reef cleaners. Dont for get to add the penny macro algae. I'm sure lots of people on the forum that would love it if you don't need it or want it. They ship on Monday's, weds, and Fridays. For crabs and things that require next day they don't ship Fridays. Let me know if you have any questions

Matt

Okay well I see a 30 gallon CUC is about $30 bucks. Hermits are 55c each if I don't want to get 'fancy' with it. I don't know how many crabs are 'enough', and the 30 gallon CUC seems like a LOT of stuff for a small tank. wowie. Also how much penny macro?