seahorse information

iflytoohigh

ok. well, the wifey is very interested in having some seahorses. so, i'm in need of some good information. is there a website dedicated to seahorses and pipefish?

ok, i'm off to search the web to find the information i need. just thought i would ask on the boards in case i dont find exactly what i'm looking for.

will a 25gallon tall be adequte for most species?

what about the dwar kind? do they fare better in a smaller tank? like a 3gallon?

ok. well, the wifey is very interested in having some seahorses. so, i'm in need of some good information. is there a website dedicated to seahorses and pipefish?

ok, i'm off to search the web to find the information i need. just thought i would ask on the boards in case i dont find exactly what i'm looking for.

will a 25gallon tall be adequte for most species?

what about the dwar kind? do they fare better in a smaller tank? like a 3gallon?

I think I've seen a seahorse forum on saltwaterfish.com

Only place to buy (IMO): Dracomarine.org. We have their seahorses and they are great.

Place to find out more: Seahorse.org

The 25 tall is a great seahorse tank. You might stay away from kudas they get REAL big, but a nice pair of erectus would be sweet.

What kind of filtration are you planning? I would definitely go with a sump and a nice skimmer. I also find running carbon with the horses cuts down on problem algae.

Be aware that pipefish can bring in parasite and other bad stuff that can harm your seahorses. Some people have luck mixing pipes and horses, but the general consensus is it is risky. Also try not to mix breeds for the same reason. We learned the hard way. BOOO!

Don't believe the hype! Seahorses like flow!