Gone from 29 to 150 in 4 months

dapettit

I will be acquiring an established 150 gallon acrylic reef ready tank complete with refugium. lights and stand over the 4th of July weekend. The lighting consits of 5 PC's and 1 250W 10K MH light. It has about 100LBs or more of live rock covered with large blue mushrooms. The sand bed is 2" or more deep. Will include 1 - green carpet anenome, 1 - large Clark's clown fish, 1- fake clown, 1 - large yellow tang, and 1 - large fox face rabbit fish. There is another large fish we can't identify. The tank has really been neglected and will need a lot of work to get cleaned up. I plan to put the fish and some live rock in a friends 55 to hold them over the weekend.

We will need to refinish the stand and build a hood for the light system. The tanks is 6ft long, 2ft wide, we think it is 3ft deep.

Here is my question:

How many MH 250 should I use on this set up? I will keeping stonys, other LPS and softies along with fish.

You go, David.Best of luck with it and give me a yell if you need any help moving it.And regarding the canopy and lighting...The 100g you saw in my garage has one center brace so I split the MH on each side, as Garbriel said. Give me a call at 461-3120 if you want any input on design.

Sounds awesome. Super Sweet. Depending on how long the tank has been set up you might want to wash the sand bed out and save a cup or two to reseed it. I would offer my assistance moving, but it is Jennifer's and my anniversary. If you need any buckets or water containers give me a call at 653-4057. I would go three 250s!

thanks

James