Free "Bits" For Classroom Tank??

Duncan7

I am running a classroom tank and wondering if anyone has any small things that they do not want or would be willing to donate that might go in the tank. It has been up and running for 6 months now with no problems (knock on wood:) ). Here is what I have:

28g Nano cube

20lbs live rock

2 damselfish

1 kenya tree coral

1 finger leather

5 turbo snails

about 30 heads of zoanthids

7 red mushrooms

8 brown button polyps

and a bristleworm that I have seen in the rocks

I didn't know if anyone might have frags or singles of other mushrooms, zoanthids, GSP, or something else that might go well in here. Small things are wonderful because our unit will stretch over a several year period and the students can watch everything grow. This is a class that meets with me throughout elementary school.

Thanks for you time.

Edited by Duncan7

Thank you so much! How would you like to arrange pickup? In case you are wondering, I am teaching the students to keep a chart of our water tests and any water changes or additions. They take turns doing the different tests and are each writing about one of the creatures living in the tank. I will be sure to get a photo to you of the tank with the GSP in it.

Thank you so much! How would you like to arrange pickup? In case you are wondering, I am teaching the students to keep a chart of our water tests and any water changes or additions. They take turns doing the different tests and are each writing about one of the creatures living in the tank. I will be sure to get a photo to you of the tank with the GSP in it.

Just PM me some times when you could drop by. I work from home and as long as I'm not staring at my tank, or working on my show, I'm usually available! cool.gif

Just PM me some times when you could drop by. I work from home and as long as I'm not staring at my tank, or working on my show, I'm usually available! cool.gif

So you're saying he has a 1 hour window to stop by? laugh.gif

I could frag you a few heads of one of my candy canes.

I am running a classroom tank and wondering if anyone has any small things that they do not want or would be willing to donate that might go in the tank. It has been up and running for 6 months now with no problems (knock on wood:) ). Here is what I have:

28g Nano cube

20lbs live rock

2 damselfish

1 kenya tree coral

1 finger leather

5 turbo snails

about 30 heads of zoanthids

7 red mushrooms

8 brown button polyps

and a bristleworm that I have seen in the rocks

I didn't know if anyone might have frags or singles of other mushrooms, zoanthids, GSP, or something else that might go well in here. Small things are wonderful because our unit will stretch over a several year period and the students can watch everything grow. This is a class that meets with me throughout elementary school.

Thanks for you time.

I have some anthellia that I would donate for the cause. I may find some other items to throw in. What sort of lighting do you have? Can your tank support SPS?

I am west of Elgin on 290. I am here this weekend and then will be moving to Houston. Send me a PM if you are interested.

• Like 1

I've got some macro algae I can donate if you want to setup a refugium or macro only tank.

Hi Robb! Thank you for your offer. I have a section in the back of my tank that the nanocube people say can be used as a refugium with a place for macro algae. I would appreciate it very much! I will send you a PM about when you want to get together. Thanks!

Thank you, all four of you, for your generosity!!! I have been given five things by you and know that they will look great as they grow. Iam going to get them into my tank over the next few days as they are picked up. Then I will wait and see how everyone in there does. :) I think the main thing I have learned on here is to be patient, so that is my agenda for the next couple of months.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank people for their generosity again. I have been able to get with Robb in Austin and JeffT so far and the coral and macroalgae are just wonderful! The students can hardly contain themselves and run straight to the tanks when they arrive in my classroom. Thank you again!

Duncan7