Gorgeous RBTA

Mad Reefer

Edit: Update 6/20

RBTA $95 - a bit smaller than the one sold for $135 last month

Well, my mother RBTA split again into three equally sized nems about 2 weeks ago. was going to wait till they grew up a bit more before selling them at $135. But they have recently started moving about and i cant have them killing any corals so i'd like to thin the herd.

I have one for sale now that is perched precariously close to a powerhead.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original post from April:

HI!wave.gif

My RBTA split a little over a month ago. My Clown has clearly chosen the Mommy so its time to let the Baby go. I'm asking $135. I bought the Mother RBTA last June from Tim and Kendra and I was able to find a link showing that they bought the Mommy RBTA from Dave Nolan. He got the Grandma from a good friend in Houston and has had the Grandma anemone for around 6 years. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.austinree...dpost__p__72166

The color in the FIRST photo is an accurate representation of the actual color of the RBTA under my lighting 20K Reeflux 250MH and 2x54T5 actinics. (at least on my monitor) The other two pics are a bit washed out from a reflection off of the tank.

They bubble up to varying degrees depending on water quality and lighting. My tank is running really blue lights now but when i was running 14K MH she bubbled up more.

Mommy and Baby. Baby is for sale on the left. $135 (reserve with paypal or CA$H)

IMG_7857.jpg

Closeup of Baby

IMG_7855.jpg

And another. He's shaped like a heart in this one!

IMG_7861.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Um where did you read that the anemone bubbles depending on water quality? I have always been told that no one knew what made them bubble versus being stringy...Please advise because I have good water quality but mines bubbles at night usually and is stringy during the hours when MH are on...but then there are the times that it is bubbled during the day so i am at a lost! LOL

• 1 month later...

RBTA $95 - a bit smaller than the one sold for $135 last month

Well, my mother RBTA split again into three equally sized nems about 2 weeks ago. was going to wait till they grew up a bit more before selling them at $135. But they have recently started moving about and i cant have them killing any corals so i'd like to thin the herd.

I have one for sale now that is perched precariously close to a powerhead.

Um where did you read that the anemone bubbles depending on water quality? I have always been told that no one knew what made them bubble versus being stringy...Please advise because I have good water quality but mines bubbles at night usually and is stringy during the hours when MH are on...but then there are the times that it is bubbled during the day so i am at a lost! LOL

I have always heard that the bubbles appear based on the overall happiness of the animal. So essentially, if the water quality is good, and there is adequate lighting, bubbles should be present on the tips.

I have always heard that the bubbles appear based on the overall happiness of the animal. So essentially, if the water quality is good, and there is adequate lighting, bubbles should be present on the tips.

I can tell you mine are incredibly happy and grow fast and seldom bubble. I would say it's probably a mix of: water quality and/or light conditions, possibly whether the nem is hosted or not, and most importantly if the nem is target fed or not. My hypothesis is that the bubbles are to increase the surface area of the tentacles to absorb more light during certain hours of the day. I target feed and mine don't bubble that often.