Unforseen weather!!

cmanning

Well, I hope everyone is safe after last night. In the past 10 yrs.--I never seen the small creek by our house rise the way it did last nigh!!! At 1:30 a.m. the creek swelled over 2 ft. high coming close to our driveway. Fortunately the creek subsided by pushing through debris that was clogging under the bridge. Now we need to get some shut eye since we couldn't sleep last night. Generator is fueled just in case.......it sure comes in handy ;) when you have to power your tanks. Keep safe.

Cindy

There were just crazy amounts of rain last night in my area - those chubby raindrops sounded like bunch of people running around on the roof.

I tried to let my dog out to do his #1 & 2 when the storm started (since that's when he usually does his business), but he absolutely refused to get his paws wet on our wet porch cement.

Glad that you're all right! Scary to think that your house could've been flooded if that debris hadn't washed away.

Where is everyone? I'm in Georgetown, but not near any creeks, thankfully. The San Gabriel River is way out of control. It winds through the back end of my subdivision, and as soon as it stops raining I'm going to walk down and check it out. I think the homes that overlook it are built high enough so that they won't flood.

Hey Karen! Im in Georgetown too! The San Gabriel is like a monster! It sucks for the people that live down stream :D

Hey, Texan and fellow Georgetonian! Where in GT are you? I'm just off of Leander Rd & IH 35, in San Gabriel Heights. Has the river receeded any? It sure is beautiful out there now.

It wasn't too bad here in Teravista, but the lightning was a little much. I think it hit something one street over, and it already burned one house down this year. My ultra accurate rain gauge (ok it is a lawn elf with a water gauge) said 3.5 inches last night.