sebae anemone

Gregsf66

I got this anemone about 2 weeks ago..... He was doing great. Eating, Opening to full length and even had my saddle back clown host in him. In the past 3 days he went south. He shrivled up like a raisin and then started melting.... I felt him and he was slimy not sticky. My water quality is below.... I have plenty of lighting. 760w to be excact. Any thing that I did wrong. My other Seabae is doing fine. It keeps releasing from its rock but that might of been b/c of the other anemone poluting the water. Any Ideas? I have had the 75g tank running for 3 years, and I have a 30g refug and a 25g Sump. Any Ideas of what Im doing wrong. First it was fish now it is corals!!!! Maybe it is just me but everthing that I buy from Austin Aqua dome dies in the first 2 months.... I have managed to keep alive the Pigmy angel fish for 3 years from them.....

Pleaes let me know.

Nitrates - 15

Calcium - 420

Ammonia - 0

POS - 0

Edited by Gregsf66

I don't see anything off in what you posted above... though what is your salinity? Are you dosing anything?

I really don't have a good suggestion, as I have not had any luck with anemones in my current 75g either. When I had my 24g, I had great luck with a bubble tip.

But in the 75g, I have tried bubble tips and long tentacle ones to no avail.

I stopped getting Sebaes (and most wild collected anemonies) a long time ago because of that reason. I haven't looked to see if captive raised Sebaes are available but BTAs are readily available and captive raised will have a lot better survival rate.