Bonsai Solana

TyLee

After months of planning, I finally got myself a Solana Tank. I did not want to spend $200 on a crappy manufactured stand so I build my own solid wood "mahogany" stand. Also I don't like the look of a "rock wall" so I created a bonsai tree rock. The light will be a 24" Outer Orbit that I had from a previous setup. The light spec is 1X150 Watt MH lamp, 2X 96 watt dual actinic compact fluorescents.

post-418-13019292231746_thumb.jpg

post-418-1301929223442_thumb.jpg

post-418-13019292236198_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
So are you getting a wave out of that vortec? I know there is not much room for one. Also, what kind of reactor is that on the side?

It's a MP40W and I have to turn the speed about 75% max because I got too much wave at 100% speed. The reactor on the side is a phosphate reactor. I also have a carbon reactor hanging on the back.

Ty.

How do you like the controller? Any issues?

I know a lot of users having issues with their controllers. Mine is working fine for me. It controls heater and chiller, lights, wave maker, ATO, turn on chiller when temperature reach 80 degree and turn off lights if temperature reaches 83 degree . DigitalAquatics is working deligently on firmware update.

Ty

Are you sure you're a reef newbie? Looks like you've been around the block on this one.

I 've been keeping salt water fish for over 15 years. This is my first attemp at SPS corals. I've done a lot of reading on other reef keeping forums before I found this site. I also have a 210g reef that is also 1 year old with mostly fish, LPS and softies.

Ty