Drilling acrylic for later sump

michael_t

I move at the end of July and while I had my tank broke down for moving I am wanting to drill it for a sump, which I will have made at a later date.

So, I am looking for advice and help on placement, drilling, and sump incorporation.

I have a 60 gallon Jebo acrylic tank. I think the acrylic thickness is 1/2".

It depends on your stand. If it has a hole in the top, then you can drill in the bottom. If not you can go out the back. You could even drill a side and make it a peninsula tank(my favorite!). You could get super fancy and do an external overflow and a califlo(sp?) style intake. There are sooooo many options. It all depends on the other equipment around the tank, the space you have, and how you want it to sit in the room. You could even do dual overflows.

If it were me I would do an external overflow box and the cali intake aka "coast to coast overflow." This option maximizes internal tank volume and is pretty easy to do. Literally all you need is some acrylic and special glue.

It depends on your stand. If it has a hole in the top, then you can drill in the bottom. If not you can go out the back. You could even drill a side and make it a peninsula tank(my favorite!).

A Peninsula tank would be bad a$$ but I don't know how much room future residental places will allow.

You could get super fancy and do an external overflow and a califlo(sp?) style intake.

An external is what I am leaning with. I've seen some internal cali-flo types and like that but never an external. An internal kinda defeats the purpose of a sump.

Go any good threads for me to look at?