Need to trade a horseshoe crab

KarenM

About a month ago I bought a horseshoe crab. The person where I bought it said it would be fine, however I've since found out that they grow really fast (it's now about 2" across), and it will probably end up killing my shrimp. Not to mention my 40 gal is too small. It keeps getting stuck between my rocks, and I really don't want to lose my shrimp.

Would anyone be interested in taking him? I'm new to SW and on a tight budget, so I'll trade him for just about anything that will work in my tank - a small fish, a couple of snails, a couple of chunks of rock, maybe a tiny frag of something that's cheap......

Let me do some research real quick to see if it would be safe in our tank. If it is I am sure we could work something out. Do you have your tang in that 40? Not to be the tang police, but I know it isn't recommended to have it in such a small tank.

Yep, she's in there, too. She came to us from a friend who's tank was cracked late in the evening and she had nowhere else to put her (or him?). I'm looking to rehome her, too, in case you're interested.

Yep, she's in there, too. She came to us from a friend who's tank was cracked late in the evening and she had nowhere else to put her (or him?). I'm looking to rehome her, too, in case you're interested.

OK, no problem. For the time being, the tang's fine. But the horseshoe will have to go back to the store soon because I'm afraid he's going to hurt my shrimp.

ill take him! what are you feeding him ????? how much???? could possibly pick it up tomorrow in am!

Great! I'm in Georgetown, email me for directions @ [email protected]. He seems very partial to spirulina cubes. I defrost them and cut them in half and drop them in every other day. He'll eat both pieces in no time.