New Gobies Not Eating

ACampbell

I got a replacement Yasha Hase Goby and a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby on Wednesday. Neither one of them will eat. They are in my 7 gal BF. I?ve been putting little pinches of Omega One flakes in several times a day, but it floats right in front of them and they don?t go for it? What are some tips to entice them to eat? I've gone through a lot of trouble to get these, so I would hate to see them starve to death. Thanks for your help.

Garlic, frozen food, and if that doesn't work try live brine to at least get them eating something.

H20 Life makes a product called mini mysis which is perfectly sized for those gobies.

• 1 month later...

Well I've been hard pressed to get a yasha that is a good shipper. This is my third attempt at this $50 beauty and today I got one in from alantis aquarium. It was floating upside down in the bag when I opened the box, but somehow I revived it and kept it alive. Its been hiding under a rock all day. I can tell that it is beathing, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do for it to help it other than give is some time to adjust to its new tank. Any advice?

These things are horrible shippers. Wish me luck.

• 9 years later...

Hello all, im very pleased that i got my tanks up an running, lots of help from ARC im very greatful, Ive been trying to put my refuge in the loop for two wk, ive flooded the floor 2x but if anyone is in Round Rock area and is good at this stuff let me know, i have some corals an a fish in the display now, id pay someone to help me but wont have money till next mo, my biggest problem has been getting the siphon tubes to work and of course not flooding the floor lol ugh , paul saltwater Snoopy, cell 512 577-4614

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hello all, im very pleased that i got my tanks up an running, lots of help from ARC im very greatful, Ive been trying to put my refuge in the loop for two wk, ive flooded the floor 2x but if anyone is in Round Rock area and is good at this stuff let me know, i have some corals an a fish in the display now, id pay someone to help me but wont have money till next mo, my biggest problem has been getting the siphon tubes to work and of course not flooding the floor lol ugh , paul saltwater Snoopy, cell 512 577-4614

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You will get more of a response if you start a dedicated thread on this. It's really the way to go ... ARC actually has structure, unlike Facebook :)