New Forum Suggestion

jestep

I wanted to see if there were any possibility for a forum for freshwater topics. I know that this is a saltwater specific site, and I wouldn't like to change that. If this topic has come up in the past, forgive my ignorance.

There's many fishkeepers here that have freshwater tanks, and many including myself that have higher-end freshwater tanks. These sort of situations definitely benefit from community support just like reef tanks. There's really no local groups or forums for freshwater keepers.

Anyway, I thought it might be appropriate to have a forum, even under the off-topic section, just for freshwater questions and topics.

I've been on there for a while. It's pretty much inactive. For some reason, freshwater keeping doesn't create the community that saltwater keeping does even though there's many more freshwater keepers.

I don't think there is enough interest in the Austin area to support an entire freshwater only online community. This was the main reason that I thought this would be a great place. This forum has an amazing amount of active users for such an area of the size.

• 3 weeks later...