Skimmer going Crazy

innate1

I used red slime remover recently. It did a great job. I did a big water change and plugged the skimmer back in (three days ago) and it's going nuts. I have the valve totally closed and it still bubbles over the collection cup. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks.

might just be a typo, but the valve should be completely open so that it is dumping nearly all the water in the skimmer out the "out" tube of the skimmer.

It should settle down after a bit and you can start dialing it back up

+1 to above posts. I had the same experience when I did that.. the skimmer freaked out for a few days, just empty the cup frequently, keep an eye on your salinity, Ca, alkalinity (topping off with that much fresh water could lower it so you might need to top off with saltwater). It'll calm down once the skimmer is able to remove the cause of the foaming.

Jeremy is your reef octopus set up like mine? Mine the closed setting is what dumps the water out the out tube. When I have it where it's on open the water goes straight to the collection cup. I am not using the product now. I did. I did the water change, put carbon back on line, and turned on the skimmer. I just wasn't sure the skimmer would freak out for this long.