SWC 160 Cone Skimmer

mooric

I was thinking about getting one of these for the 90gallon tank I planning. Has anyone used one? Thoughts? Comments? One of the things that really drew me to this skimmer was it's small footprint (9"x7").

TIA

Charles

I've used one for a while now - I think over a year. I love it. Runs great, quiet, pulls good skimmate. Super easy to clean too as it all comes apart.

I'm considering selling it to run an experiment with another skimmer. Not sure yet, but I might.

I run one of these as well and it has been great so far.... This is my first skimmer, but like Mark said it is super quiet, and easy to clean... FWIW I would definitely recommend this skimmer.

I run the Xtreme Mini Cone S which is basically the same skimmer just a lot bigger. It always pulls a lot of nasty gunk, and is super quiet. Plus, the customer service from SWC has always been great. The only thing I don't like about it is it is very sensitive to any water level change.