RO/DI hookup

KimP

For those of you who run your rodi off of the washing machine water supply, what part did you get to hook the 1/4" tubing up to it with? I have the Buckeye Field Supply one if that matters.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering what that meant! I'll go to HD later today and hopefully find the parts. Thanks for the help. Even though I can ask someone there, I still like to have an idea of what I'm looking for.

got my stuff from lowes. got a wye green splitter. got it in the garden area. then went to the plumbing area and got a hose bib with 1/4 compresion fitting. thats all you need. if u just got ur unit the instructions may be a lil confusing. so im gonna tell u what i did.

leave filters out. (di and the ro membrane) hook up water supply in and run the water out to the washer drain. then run the unit without filters for 10 min. after that turn off water. the look on top for the line going into the ro membrane canister. press in on the outer ring of the line and remove the line. then insert ro membrane. then open up the di canister and insert di resin. hook everything up and run unit for about 15 min that should make u about 2 gallons. throw that water away and your ready to start making ro/di water. hope this helps.

note: with filters out it will look like your not making much water. once u put in the filters that will all change.

You probably want to run the RO cartridge without DI for 10 minutes or so to clean out the preservative that they put in it. Then attach your DI bed, run for a few more minutes dumping the permeate, and then you're good to go. At least that's what BFS recommends.

You guys are the best! I will take all of your advice when I get it together and working tomorrow. I really appreciate the help. Stoneroller, what makes the best splitter? The most expensive one? I certainly want to avoid leaks.