I.V. Bags - Perfect for drip acclimation - you want one?

dieselndixie

well, the only way I was able to find re-usable (openable) I.V. bags was to order a box of 12 of these. Soooooo, I got about 10 to get rid of. They are super easy to drip acclimate stuff with. just fill it your water, and walk off. they have a piece you can use to control the amount of drip you want...

I dont want any money for them....but I am about 5 months into a 55G reef tank, and would love some cool frags. Nothin big, just somethin new, and you can have one of these bags and the drip hose (brand new in the package)

Let me know if you are interested...im in north austin (parmer - mcneil)

Peace

.....if someone will explain how to post pictures, i will post a few of them in action

Actually, I've thought that an IV bag would be great for acclimation. (My mom was a nurse.) However, my tank is a FOWLR, so I don't have any frags to offer in trade. Trying to think... nope, I really don't have much of anything to trade at this point. However, if you're left holding a bag that just needs a new home, I'd be happy to help. :D

ej

yeah, these work great....I got a new order from saltwaterfish.com this morning, and I just filled it with water, and let about 6-7 drips per second go into the container...and walked away. came back an hour and a half later, and put the fish right in the tank....he's doin fine

I've thought about using this for kalk. It may mess up the bag, but we've got plenty. I am curious about the drip controller since we don't have that. I'll never get my wife to let me use the perstaltic pump.

basically, the drip controller is a round piece of plastic that can slid up or down within the controller case....

the inside of the case is angled, so sliding it down, starts to "crimp" the drip hose, essentially allowing you to control how much liquid flows through the tube.

I used mine for drip acclimating, and my buddy uses his for calcium drip.

let me know if you want one....I have several of these still unopened just sitting here....

Sounds good - I'd love to get one of the controllers since they're not on the current bags we have.

Be happy to send you away with something. It's more room for me to get something new :D

PM me and we can try to arrange something over the weekend.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...