BTA Dying??

VooDoo

I have a GBTA and it has done that a couple of times after feeding it. The only time I was worried is when it shriveled up like that after producing a clone. Then it detached itself and got caught in my wave box. That was the end of a that!!!! I think yours will be okay unless it detaches itself. It may be trying to get rid of some waste. Good luck though! :)

Keep in mind if you do feed silversides to only give small pieces. I was originally overfeeding mine with too big of a piece and the BTA struggles with it. You should only be feeding them pieces approx the same size as the mouth. I've found mine have a harder time expelling the waste from a large feeding.

The benefit to target feeding is that you should see faster growth/faster splits, but it shouldn't be required.

ok, so last night he was excreting some nasty s***. halfway out my cleaner shrimp grabbed hold of it, yanked it out, and started eating it. my flameback and blenny were also fighting over it. i was like :) but it's looking good now. trying to get my perc to host it.

Keep in mind if you do feed silversides to only give small pieces. I was originally overfeeding mine with too big of a piece and the BTA struggles with it. You should only be feeding them pieces approx the same size as the mouth. I've found mine have a harder time expelling the waste from a large feeding.

The benefit to target feeding is that you should see faster growth/faster splits, but it shouldn't be required.

if that's the case, man, i overfed it.