Question about Duncans

KimP

I've been researching corals I might be able to keep in my seahorse tank and started attempting to learn about Duncans recently. Even in my Aquarium Corals book, there is only a tiny, not even half a page, excerpt on them. I can barely find any info on the internet either. I do understand where they're from, what their feeding/light/flow requirements are, etc, but I am looking for info on whether they have the ability to sting or send out sweepers or anything of that nature. Any ideas on if these would be appropriate for a seahorse tank or not?

I have never kept seahorses so I am not sure. I would try google'ing the scientific name: Duncanopsammia Aixfuga. Water flow requirement is low to medium. I am not sure if they would like the temp required for a seahorse tank.

Perhaps some of the seahorse lovers here will chime in......Brooks.....

Not so, fish generally stay away from them. The only thing they'd damage is seahorse fry...but that goes for all corals.

My horses will sit on my acans from time to time regardless of sweepers. Doesn't bother them. If anything they hurt coral more than coral hurts them IMO

but kim, and LPS or NPS should be fine...scoly's and wellsophylias (spelt wrong...work with me) may be a problem if the horses get right on the "mouth" opening....COULD be. generally, the seahorses are intelligent enough to know when something will harm them, that's what i've found. i've found they are highly intelligent...if i am anywhere near the glass they dance, and they rearrange my macros daily (i just glued my dragon breath to a rock cause i was sick of it). they also destroyed ALL of my new grape caluerpa...guess they didn't like it.

i will occasionally see them eating mysis off of my acans as well... ha!