Can Bubble Corals Touch Each Other

Derek

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am a self proclaimed bubble coral junky. I love the things, so much that I have multiple colonies and have more on the way. I have some good places for them but need to know if they can touch each other, i.e. will bubble corals sting other bubble corals that are next to them?

Can you add a sometimes option? Both of mine are right next to each other. Most of the time they are both out and happy. Sometimes the tentacles closest to each other are curled in like they are stinging each other - but not enough for either one of them to want to move (see pic)

post-1201-0-75291200-1299554989_thumb.jp

Beautiful bubble tip anemone. I am meaning bubble corals though, the LPS. I edited the poll to include, "Yes, but only if they are the same type".

Can you add a sometimes option? Both of mine are right next to each other. Most of the time they are both out and happy. Sometimes the tentacles closest to each other are curled in like they are stinging each other - but not enough for either one of them to want to move (see pic)

Thanks. That is what I was thinking as well.

While I don't know for sure I believe they would be fine. Now i wouldn't put the 'pearl bubble' corals near standard bubbles but as said with that exception I'd believe they'd be fine.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly safe to put corals from the same family next to each-other unless they are the type that use chemical warfare. These would be many of the softies like kenya's and xenias, where you don't want to mix them too closely.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly safe to put corals from the same family next to each-other unless they are the type that use chemical warfare. These would be many of the softies like kenya's and xenias, where you don't want to mix them too closely.

I wouldn't be comfortable saying that at all, it's too easy finding examples of species in the same genus adversely affecting each other.

I wouldn't be comfortable saying that at all, it's too easy finding examples of species in the same genus adversely affecting each other.

Probably true. Identifying how closely related corals are is virtually impossible anyway. I've seen xenias and kenya's destroy eachother first hand, so I can definitely vouch for their incompatibility if too close. I've got different colored acans right next to eachother with no problem. Also have completely different frogspawns and a hammer that routinely come in contact with no problems.