Seven Five Hundred Gallon Tanks

Four Thousand pounds of Live Rock

One AP 1006

One AP 902

One AP 851

Two PF1001

Twenty two Hammerheads

And a crap load of 400w Luminarcs with Radiums and 430w electronic ballasts

Unfortunately it won't be open to the public and I can't tell you where it is. Matt (the owner) discussed it with several people and the general consensus was, if you aren't going to sell direct to the public, the public should not know where it is.

As for what he's going to grow, I'll get Matt to hop on here and talk to ya'll about it. I'm REAL excited because this thing is very very clean and has the potential to do anything he can dream of.

Again with the meeting question, the answer is most likely no. As for the hiring question, I'll refer to him but if you really are interested, PM me and I'll get you two talking.

John

Thanks for posting the pictures Brian and John, I really appreciate it! As of right now I have no plans of opening the shop to the general public. I have quite a bit invested in the setup and the fewer people that know about it, the better. If you want to contact me privately I would be more than happy to talk about the setup and everything that has happened so far.

As for now, a meeting is really out of the question, there's not much to see except large plastic tubs with some rock haha.

I definately am looking to hire someone on atleast part time as I get setup, and hopefully i'll need somone fulltime as time progresses and I get more busy.

The tanks are 12'x3'x2'tall, each holds roughly 500g at the level i'm keeping the water currently. A Deltec AP1006 is doing all the skimming, and I will hookup 2 PF1001 Deltec reactors to handle the calcium demand. Total water volume should be in the neighborhood of 3000g when all is setup and the 2 vats that are still under construction are finished and hooked up.

Walked in this morning to find this nasty beast doing its thing!

post-284-1181536996_thumb.jpg

Edited by debutis

Thank you for posting about your new facility. It is absolutely fantastic you are starting such a large coral farm. I am thinking a limited edition "super weird" Austin coral is in order. I really hope things go well for you. We as aquarists need to start growing more of our own and let more corals stay in the ocean.

BTW That picture requires one of the most glorious EEEEEEEEEWWs ever. Time for a collection container.

-james

• 3 months later...