Agreesive Peppermint Shrimp

Eric Alvarado

Alight, I have a peppermint shrimp that is aggressively attacking a mini-carpet anemone I introduce a couple weeks back. He'll get on top of it and poke the heck out of it.

What is the best catching method for shrimp? Almost had him with the net since he was fearless, but since I missed him, now is has gotten wiser.

Stick your hand in - they're really curious and will hop on and start picking at dead skin etc. Let him get comfy for a minute in your hand, and then you may be able to come up behind him with the net/bag or just lift him out. Helps to have an assistant in this process as well.

I need an aggressive peppermint shrimp if you'd like to relocate him... :bye:

:cool: by the time I read that, I had already had him move on (dropped him at the LFS). I would have happily handed him over.

Was quite easy to get one of them, the other was way smarter. It's been a few days, and after stressing the tank out trying to catch the last peppermint, the remaining shrimp seems disinterested in the anemone. So hope I captured the aggressor. Would make sense since after I dropped a bottle with food in the tank, he darted right into the bottle and bamb, i had him. The other was much more cautious and would get at the lip, and never go in.

Hope he leaves the anemone alone and we all stay happy J