Fin Rot HELP!!!!!

We got a niger trigger on Sunday. It is kind of a nervous fish, but is eating like a pig. Well tonight I noticed its top fin is frayed. I am pretty sure it is fin rot. What do I do? It seems like fresh water fish get it a lot. I have found many conflicting opinions on treatment. Most of what I have read says it comes from stress or poor water. The water is: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, 0 Nitrates, and 8.2 PH. Sure does look perfect to me. I really want to stop the rot before it gets worse. Please give me your suggestions. I will get a picture shortly.

Hmm.. you sure it just wasn't damaged from being caught/transported/released into your tank? Sounds like you have everything going right ... good water quality and the fish is eating. I bet it heals on it's own soon enough.

Maybe the crab, but I really don't think so. I considered that. In an ironic twist, if he is getting nipped, we were concerned about this fish nipping. I haven't seen in "nipping" behavior. There is also a red spot by the fray and one at the base of the fin.

Thank you