Mandarin sure thing frozen brine feeding!

cyrus

Hey cyrus, is there a thread already on your mandarin-training method? I want to get a mandarin eventually, but only if I can find a relatively fool-proof method for training them to frozen. If you've got one please share!

1. Make sure that your tank is white walled with pods, I use my 29g qt tank for good observation.

2. Get frozen and live adult brine from Aquadome. They are at the check out desk and they have most constant stock around. Call in advance before you buy the mandrin.

3. Purchase your new buddy.

4. Place the bag of adult brine in your aquarium and clip them to the side. One bag usually lasts about a week.

5. Allow for temp. acclimation and use a knife to cut slits in the bag to allow for circulation.

6. Feed a only live for the first 3 days.

7 Gradually mix frozen in with the live and feed at least 2 times a day.

8. In one to two weeks you will have a frozen brine shrimp eating madrin!

This system has worked for me 5 consecutive times to include a pair. This way is the best way I have found so far, unless of course you would like to purchase an ORA Mandrin lol.

• 1 month later...

Cyrus the only thing that I could add to your list is to not buy a skinny mandarin if you are trying to feed it frozen. If you have plents of pods try and save the skinny ones! The mandarin that I have now was so skinny the RCA gave it to me, he barely made it and now is morbidly obese.