Overheat issue with Mp40 ecotech

Joseph9123

I'm on the verge of calling this a POS , I'm using in my 135 gallon 6ft long tank. And it keeps overheating and shutting off. I follow all the instruction on alignment to prevent issues. Second day messing with this. Any ideal what else?

call ecotech. My support experience with them was good.

+1

Their customer support is extremely helpful and reliable. Definitely give them a call.

They even communicated with me on the weekend when I had a problem with my driver.

Any chance of a voltage leak? My boyfriend had the same problem with an MP20 - if it was on high, it would shut off after a bit. Turns out there was a small voltage leak from a Koralia nano (which killed some fish too). Once he removed the faulty powerhead he stopped having issues with the VorTech.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay got my replacement today and it rocks!!!!! Great waves and all corals open up bigger then usual. I can see why people love this pump, not a huge wave box but then again, i sure one wave box will do everything i wanted. Gonna see how it goes for a week before deciding on another pump... Wish now I got a mp60 instead, owell. Live you learn.

I have it on tidal mode 80 percent from max, i want 100 percent but i think i'm pushing that too hard for my 135 gallon. Well see in a couple of days when the break in done so weekend will see the full result.