tank size/fish

Stacy

Ok, I'll quit hijacking Garretts thread so he can get his answers- sorry again, lol. Now that the 90 is ready to be stocked and since we've decided to tear down the nano, I'm wondering about number of fish I should responsibly have. I'm trying to figure out how the additional clown goby and 6 line are going to affect my wish list. Here's what I have now: red firefish, very small clown, lawnmower blenny, 6 line, and then the pseudochromis I may be trading for being a bully. Here's what else I want: another clown, a tang (which kind is in question-see hijacking of previous thread), a flame angel to be added last, some kind of fairy wrasses, and a tail spot blenny. Would love a dwarf lion if he could live there nicely (kids already have him named al capone, so not sure about nice then, lol). Was gonna do a green chromis but now I have the 6 line so not sure about him either.

Thoughts? Never had a tank this size and know stocking numbers depend on the kind of fish and size etc.

Filtration rt now is lr and frequent wc. A skimmer is in plans for march...

Thanks!!

My post from the other thread:

I have a Scopas and a Twinspot Bristletooth Tang in my 75g. While not the brightess of the tangs, they are neat. My Scopas has gone ulta-shy recently, but my bristletooth is very nice. A pale browny-blue.

And thusly, I have no algae eating snails in the tank ;)

I would make sure to research the anthias you decide to get, as some are really hard to get to eat prepared foods. They are awesome though. I would probably stick to either yellow or kole tangs, as most of the other ones need bigger tanks.

Just a thought, I had a flame angel in my 90 for a while but I got her out about a month ago b/c she started bullying my passive clown fish and that was keeping them from spawning. My flame did not bother any coral, she would just rub against the other fish most of the day annoying them and me. I could do tricks like move the rocks around and this would work for a few days but when she got use to the setup she went right back to her habits. Another thing to remember is once you put a fish in there with your live rock you pretty much have to tear the whole thing apart to remove any annoying culprits. But it is fun to have them.

I don't see much difference between a Naso and either Sailfin sp.. The Naso reaches 18" and both Sailfins reach 16". Whichever you get you're going to want to start thinking about taking them out at the 7-8" range. I would avoid the green chromis, over the years I've seen only a very small percentage survive, same with most Acanthurus sp. tangs ( the sohal being a very belligerent exception). I've seen Volitans lions happily swimming with damsels and clowns but it's risky. If you're dead set on putting in a lion I'd get him trained to eat out of your hand first in a quarintine tank then put him in last.

I think we're leaning towards the scopas tang over the others. That's the one the bf likes best and I haven't given him a whole lot of saya in stocking so far, lol. Oops! And obviously I was working earlier and distracted when I was making my list. Didn't mean green chromis- meant green corris wrasse...

And Yeah, I was afraid my lion was going to have to wait. Oh well. Like lots of flashy, colorful fish too, so it's all good. A predator tank will come soon enough if he has his way I'm sure... :blink: