New Seahorse tank..

cMidd

Laura helped me pick, I loved the ones with the (celli)? Horns, one has them and the other one looks like algae. They're awesome

Cirri? Yeah, they are SO cool! My female has teeny tiny ones at the top of her head... perhaps some of the fry will have them as well!

Laura: the girls are doing good - i am thinking the one with the Cirri is a bit more shy, or is still transitioning due to the fact that she loves going behind the rock where i can barely see her! the female with the "algae" skin is usually dancing, which the best way i can describe is doing the "kangaroo" where it literally jumps, curls its tail, and springs off it again! it is such a delight.

Brooks: thanks for the help - i am looking into the panorama deal, did you get yours at aquatek? or did you find a superior price elsewhere? also - i will most likely start cycling a 30-40g tank as the 15g really doesn't do these beautys justice, and since they are relatively young (or so it seems to me, and since Laura told me one of them was :blink: ) i know they will grow a bit larger, and giving them room to play and adding more is my main concern right now.

Well Brooks and others, my brothers old t5ho fixture (2 months old!)) fell into his tank 2 weeks ago. We put it into the garage to possibly fix it some day. Before buying a new tank I plugged in the lights, and they work like brand new! So I will be using t5 with stunners supplementing. I added a "very fine" sand to help cycle, 20 pounds for 23 bucks best deal I could get and I will also be adding some of my water/sand for bacteria. The LR will be moved when the horses are (after I make sure no nitrate or ammonia spikes)

So-thought I'd post before bed. The female with the cirri has actually changed color! She is now almost a white/silver base with a dark gray "secondary" color. It is gorgeous...blends in to well though. The larger female has now effectively adopted the look of coraline algae and my dragons breath. A breathtaking combo.