solid food

crendon2003

With our old tank, we used the frozen cubes, thawed. Spread it across the tank and some of the pieces hit the bottom, where they were grabbed by shrimp and crabs.

I like this one http://www.saltwater...mula_p_121.html for feeding the tank.

They fall to the bottom pretty fast.

Edited by nemirn

Do you have a lot of shrimps and crabs? I don't make any effort to feed them in my tanks but I also feed predominately Spectrum 1mm pellets which sink pretty quickly and I'm pretty sure some lands in the rocks where they can get it.

When I specifically feed my inverts (~10 conchs, some urchins, a few shrimp) I just make sure to drop food in after the lights go out - or if your moon lights are dim enough to subdue your fishes activity level, at that time. I simply drop in a pinch of medium NLS pellets, or clip a clam-on-a-half-shell / piece of nori to my algae feeder and let them go at it. They're typically much quicker to react in a night-time lighting situation, and with the fish more or less going to bed, they'll have no competition to get to the food.

Crabs and conchs specifically will go at those clams very quick, while my larger conchs and tuxedo urchins tend to prefer the nori.