Dead rock to Live rock

jb247

So a buddy and I just came into a bunch of previousy live rock, it's all dead now, and are trying to figure out how to cure it. If I put dead rock in at like a 75% live/25% dead ratio, into my main tank or into my sump/fuge would it effect my corals and fish. Or could I just put it in and let it do it's thing. Like I said it would be at a ratio of like 75/25. Alot more live than dead and in a mature tank.... and of course after cleaning the rock, which I believe will reduce any nitirte/ammonia spike, if there were going to be any. As I said this rock has been out of water for some time now. Any help and thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by jb247

I'd put it in a trashcan with water and a pump, let it run for a few weeks. Then once you're getting fairly clean readings you should be fine moving it to sump/overflow.

Other question is, how large is the tank you're adding it to? The smaller, the more it would be affected.