Nassarius snails on ebay

Hydro

I've been buying nassarius snails from this company on ebay called saltwater solutions. I throw them in my refugium to feed the puffer and I also put them in the sump and DT to clean up algae. They are great at cleaning the sand and the glass but don't really get on the rocks, they live in the sand and they really only come out at night so you rarely see them. These things are so cheap on ebay that I thought that I should pass along this info to others. I just ordered 1000 of them (splitting with someone else) and it was $50 including shipping. They have smaller quantities but a group buy may get them even cheaper. On ebay these 1000 were listed at $65 with shipping but there is an option of making an offer...I offered $50 and it was instantly accepted. Just search on ebay for nassarius snails and they come right up.

They sell packages as small as 25. If you buy 150 it's $20 with shipping. Not quite as good of a deal as buying 1000 for $50 but still a good deal. That's .13 each with shipping for 150, but if buying 1000 is .05 each with shipping.

That is very interesting. The snails that I ordered are the ones being discussed in that article for sure. I only can speak from personal experience but I have never got a rash from my snails. I agree that they don't live that long, probably not more than 6 months. I'm pretty sure though that its from the hermits killing them. I've been buying these for over a year, feeding lots of them to my puffer, and I haven't had any problems with them.