Too much sponge growth

Will

So after running pellets for a couple months, i am having one big problem, Sponge growth. I have sponges covering every surface in my sump, including inside my skimmer and the entire glass. I know this is probably a good thing, but i was wondering if any of the other people on the pellet train are having this issue?

Got a pic? And no cell phone pics, one that actually shows what the sponge might look like / how it grows? :wave:

I've got white sponge now growing in both my sump and refugium, that wasn't around until I was using the biopellets. Mine, however, seemed to suddenly appear and grow very quickly over a short time, and then has since stayed the same. I don't have it popping up in new places, and it doesn't seem like it's growing at a noticeable rate now - but I only have it in my pump chamber and fuge chamber of my sump.

Removing it manually and offering it to others isn't a bad idea, especially if you just bring a load of bags to the frag swap. I'm interested to see if what you've got is similar to mine, though. I know a lot of other people have had issues with the bacteria covering their substrate, or the surfaces of their rocks - but luckiy I haven't experienced that.