Getting Rid of Big Tank - Fish and Corals

Chad and Belinda

Hey Brian, everything is wonderful. The big tank was taking a lot of my time away from Belinda and the kids. I realized the other day that I was obsessing with trying to perfect our tank and it never came remotely close to my expectations. A lot of people said they liked it the way we had it. I never did and always had my hands in it, constantly feeling the need to change the landscaping (so to say) around. That was evident by the things we were always selling (ie rock, coral and sand). So much for stability. lol A lot of our ARC and MAAST family have great success with large tanks and they enjoy the profound rewards that come with it. I'm just not one of them. I think it has a lot to do with my personality. My priority is my family, not my hobbies. I simply lost my focus. Chris Fowler purchased the tank. I know Chris will make it into something I could not. He has what it takes to do it and I bet spend a quarter of the time I did doing it. I am looking forward to a great looking, smaller tank. Sorry for being long winded. I wanted to make sure folks understood exactly why we did this. We are still as passionate about this hobby as ever.

Hey guys, that's sad! Hope y'all are doing ok.

Chris Fowler purchased the tank. I know Chris will make it into something I could not. He has what it takes to do it and I bet spend a quarter of the time I did doing it.

I certainly hope I have success. And if I can pull it off by spending 1/4 of the time that you did I'll be happy. :D

Hey Brian, everything is wonderful. The big tank was taking a lot of my time away from Belinda and the kids. I realized the other day that I was obsessing with trying to perfect our tank and it never came remotely close to my expectations. A lot of people said they liked it the way we had it. I never did and always had my hands in it, constantly feeling the need to change the landscaping (so to say) around. That was evident by the things we were always selling (ie rock, coral and sand). So much for stability. lol A lot of our ARC and MAAST family have great success with large tanks and they enjoy the profound rewards that come with it. I'm just not one of them. I think it has a lot to do with my personality. My priority is my family, not my hobbies. I simply lost my focus. Chris Fowler purchased the tank. I know Chris will make it into something I could not. He has what it takes to do it and I bet spend a quarter of the time I did doing it. I am looking forward to a great looking, smaller tank. Sorry for being long winded. I wanted to make sure folks understood exactly why we did this. We are still as passionate about this hobby as ever.

Hey guys, that's sad! Hope y'all are doing ok.

OK, good - glad y'all are doing well! I certainly understand about the time, not to mention trials and tribulations that come with a big reef tank (I question my own sanity on a regular basis - LOL). Also glad to hear that you are going to continue to be involved with the clubs on a smaller scale because it wouldn't be the same without you!