Fish Recommendation

doktorstick

Howdy. I'm looking for two fish recommendation for my 34gallon Solana. I want swimmers, those that constantly swim about, around the tank, in and out of rocks, etc. I have or had a neon goby (percher; suicide), orchid dottyback (hider; poisoned); yellow watchman (burrower), and clown (hosters). I don't want big fish, maybe an inch or so in length. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking of a 6-line wrasse for one of them.

Mckosker's Flasher Wrasse-I have one and he stays out over the reef all day long.  Not a manic cruiser, just sort of hovers and darts about.  Cool little orange fish!  He stays small unlike a melanrus wrasse and doesn't dart about like a six line.  They are not very expensive either.  My link

I have a canary blenny that stays out and about. Very pretty to watch, they swim kinda like an eel.

Maybe a small breed of angelfish? (youll want to look up and make sure of their minimum tank size) But a flame angel or beauty would be cool. They dont get very big.

Try this link... It has a lot of ideas for your size tank

http://www.salt-city.org/showthread.php?t=666

I loved my mckosker's wrasses, but if you don't have a cover on your solana they will readily attempt carpet surfing. I had three different mckoskers in my solana and everyone jumped. Still sad about those fish they were by far my favorite. As far as angel fish go they are beautiful open water swimmers, but you have to be careful as they have a bad habit of nipping at corals. Although, I've been very lucky with my coral beauty. I've had him for two years and have never seen Hume nip at anything

I'd recommend a six line; I've had mine about two years and he is only about an inch and a half.

Other recs would be for a lawnmower/ tailspot/starry blenny, royal gramma. All are inexpensive, hardy, and reasonably available. Well, the starry is kinda expensive but not too high. They all swim constantly in my tank.

I like the Fairy and Flasher wrasses, but I guess they are a jumping hazard. I've had my Blue Side for maybe 5 or 6 months (counting before the move) and I got a Two Spot Hogfish (Twin spot? anyway a pretty yellow and orange wrasse type fish) when we moved to the new place the first week in August and so far these two are always out and haven't attempted a field trip. The redfin wrasse I had before did go down the overflow regularly, but I think someone was chasing him. Unfortunately he ended up getting munched in the return pump as I was trying to catch him during one of his adventures. I was trying to net him in one compartment and he just raced through the bubble trap into the compartment with the pump. :doh::rock: