Some new goodies!

Brooks

Because there is no lineage. The coral I bought is a wild one from Australia. Unless it came from the exact same colony that Aquascene got his from back in 04 it's not the same. It may look the same but without lineage I can not call it "IceFire"

On that note I may name mine the BurnswhenIP Echinata

Because there is no lineage. The coral I bought is a wild one from Australia. Unless it came from the exact same colony that Aquascene got his from back in 04 it's not the same. It may look the same but without lineage I can not call it "IceFire"

On that note I may name mine the BurnswhenIP Echinata

Hmm. Ok, so if we followed that line of thinking, no could sell a coral w/out proving it was related to the very first piece of coral that came into the country under that name.

For example, you couldn't say you were selling a piece of Cali tort UNLESS you proved that it was somehow related to the first piece of coral that came into the US that someone named "Cali Tort".

Cali tort is always traded or sold as frags which can be traced back. Wild colonies on the other hand are well, wild with no lineage established in the trade.

At some point in time tho, cali tort was a wild colony that ceased to be wild - it entered the aquarium trade.

I'll make an assertion that 90% of the corals sold can't be traced back to a mother colony.