Harry the Hungry Sea Hare - Eats Hair algae

Mad Reefer

Will be ready for rehoming in 1 week. $10 cash plus interesting frag. Most interesting frag gets him!

IMG_5502.jpg

Well, I bought Harry the the Sea Hare for $20 and the store will buy him back for $10.

So, I thought I'd pass the cash savings along to the ARC and at the same time get a nice frag for myself. biggrin.gif

So, I had this ugly Hair algae explosion and i bought a bunch of turbo snails but they didnt really do anything.

IMG_5435.jpg

Then I bought Harry and in one week.....Gone

IMG_5496.jpg

Thought i'd keep him one more week for good measure then send him on his way. Rest assured. this Sea Hare will do the job!

please try to make the frag of something i dont already have. I like bright colors or corals that change dramatically in appearance or size or extension

• 5 months later...

Hi bluefish84,

I am sorry but, I have been unable to contact you through your PM and you have not revisited this thread to see my request that you post your phone number or clean out your mailbox so that you can receive my PM's. I also posted a comment on your profile page but i just cant seem to get ahold of youpoke.gif

I am afraid I will need to let Harry go to someone else as he is hungry and there is nothing left to eat in my tank.

If you haven't responded by Noon today to this thread, I will have to pass you over.

Again, i wouldn't do this if i wasn't worried about getting Harry some food soon.snack.gif

-Madness

Hi Stacy,

Sorry, I have someone already ahead of you at noon today and i do not think it will fall through.

My sea hare has eaten green hair algae like shown in the picture and a small colony of brown slime/filament type algae and the algae that forms on the glass of the tank that turbo snails also eat. I Highly recommend you give a sea hare a try for whatever algae problem you may have.

The only problem with them is that if they die in your tank, they make a mess!!! so once they clean everything out, you need to sell them before they starve to death. I have never had one die before, but the stories range all the way to killing the whole tank. so you need to make sure to sell them when their job is done.

good luck

Is he easy to keep? I've got some serious algae he could eat if you still need to get rid of him after noon... Does he eat all kinds of algae or mostly hair?

~Stacy

Nice to meet you too Chris! and thanks for the frags. of course, i had to frag the frag before getting it mounted.doh.gif

So now i hame multiple frags. biggrin.gif

anyway, i'll let you know how they progress. I wouldnt mind an update on Harry in a couple of weeks either.

-Madness

Thanks for being so understanding. If you cant wait, i got him from Aquatek. He is the 2nd one i've gotten from there. both were healthy and hungry.

I do like the idea of him being a ARC sea hare touring all the tanks that need him.

good luck

-Madness

Hey Madness, I understand, I've been away at work. Will wait for my turn, sounds like there may be some potential of this guy paying a visit to everyone's tank. Frank

Thanks for being so understanding. If you cant wait, i got him from Aquatek. He is the 2nd one i've gotten from there. both were healthy and hungry.

I do like the idea of him being a ARC sea hare touring all the tanks that need him.

good luck

-Madness

Hey Madness, I understand, I've been away at work. Will wait for my turn, sounds like there may be some potential of this guy paying a visit to everyone's tank. Frank

How the heck do you keep sea hares and nudibranchs out of your powerheads?

I would like to see photos of a slug-safe powerhead.....

Thanks

• 1 year later...