Gorgonians

Viet-tin

Ive recently purchased a few gorgonians as I find them to be very attractive. I have 3 different types 2 seem to be photosynthetic and one non. One of them had the tips melt off after acclimating them into my tank but seems to be doing ok now and is actually regenerating new tissue. Ive been feeding frozen rotifers and have been stirring my sand everyday and I get great response to the feedings. This is my first attemp with gorgonians and my experience so far has been pleasent. Ive been wondering who else has gorgs and what experiences you have had with them so far. Heres a pic of the one that receded.(sorry crappy phone camera skills) I think this one is a ventalina.

post-21-023040500 1282883235_thumb.jpg

I've got a blue berry. It's been stellar and I might even be able to frag it for you. It started as a 1" piece that was found in a friends tank during his tear down. He said it was growing great until he neglected the tank. I took it home and it has grown into 5 fingers about 4" long each. With the success of that one I got this beautiful yellow and orange one with white polyps. That one did great for about 4 months and then quickly receded away. Bummed me out because it had been growing.

I don't do anything special that I know about, so I can't really say "do this not that".

I love the look of the blueberry. But I hear that np gorgs are a lot more difficult than the photosynthetics. I have a small purple one with white polyps that seems to be doing ok so far. Hasnt grown much at all but seems to be doing ok.

I've got a blue berry. It's been stellar and I might even be able to frag it for you. It started as a 1" piece that was found in a friends tank during his tear down. He said it was growing great until he neglected the tank. I took it home and it has grown into 5 fingers about 4" long each. With the success of that one I got this beautiful yellow and orange one with white polyps. That one did great for about 4 months and then quickly receded away. Bummed me out because it had been growing.

I don't do anything special that I know about, so I can't really say "do this not that".

I had an orange one with white polyps as well. It looked just fine(never growing though) for serveral months and then just kind of melted away.

• 2 weeks later...