Protien Skimmer

Timfish

CSS Super Skimmer - Multiple sizes all crap.

Old Euroreef CS6-2+ - Rock solid consistent skimmer. Should have never sold it.

Vertex IN-180 - Skimmed great when dialed in but very hard to dial in and keep it there. A little loud too

ASM GS2 with gate valve mod - Skims immediately and super easy to dial in but doesn't skim all that well.

Super Reef Octopus Cone skimmer (w/ Bubble Blaster pump).

heck yes, after my initial break-in period, I tuned mine to pull this within 48-55hrs

4858994490_53972bd9b1_b.jpg

that aint wet either, it's like Guinness or cappuccino :( I've got the Reef Octopus XP2000 cone on mine, and loving it. Only one I'd ever upgrade to in the future is the ATB Elegance 200 (or 200 Pro), but not any time soon.

For all cone skimmers you'll need to place it in a shallow enough area, or use a stand to elevate it in your sump - you really don't want it submerged more than 7-8".

A cheaper cone skimmer model w/a decent pump worth checking out is the Avast Marine DIY cone skimmer. Really nice piece of kit when it comes to bang for buck, dramatically more affordable than any of the other intro/lower end cone skimmers out there.