Neeed Help!!!

dan

I've been wanting to upgrade to a 200+g and haven't been able to find one with my likings (color, size, shape and so on...). I saw an add this morning that has what i've been looking for. I called and got it down to a great price, but the catch is I have to pick it up tomorrow, Sunday. It's located in Dallas.

DOES ANYONE have some free time to help me go pick up the tank (complete set w/ stand/canopy/sump etc) AND/OR have time to help unload when I get back??? I will pay for you help or you can pick something you like from my current tank. Someone with a trailer would be even better but not necessary.

PLEASE HELP. I would love to get this tank as upgrade!!

Dan 731-1990

No further information has been given.

At this point I guess the idea is moot? I would have liked to have made arrangements when we met earlier. Sunday will quickly be upon us.

I see somebody else mentioning that they must borrow my suction cups tomorrow, is this related to this thread?

Sorry guys...been running around all day trying to get arrangements ready, getting truck, trailer, tubs, and so on.... just now got back online. Thanks for the generosity though.

I have enough peeps making the trip with me to dallas. I might need 1 more person to help unload when i get back though. I will give one of you a call/PM. Thanks to all for responding.

Mike..yep..that was Wes asking for the suction cups for me. He's one of the guys making the trip with me. Man, I hope this is worth it. Sooooooooooo much hassel and headaches. I'm already stressing out jsut thinking about the transitioning from the old tank to the new one. Stress stress stress...good lord!!

Anyone done this before, pls give me some suggestion. New tank will have to be in same spot as the current tank. Good lord!!!

Anyone done this before, pls give me some suggestion. New tank will have to be in same spot as the current tank. Good lord!!!

I will soon be in the same boat. My 175 will need to go right where my 75 is - against a wall that backs up to the garage wall which I have punched through to the chiller, calcium reactor, ATO, etc. Let us know what you do and how it works out for you. Additionally, I will be doing either wood floors or stained concrete at the same time...

Here's my plan so far:

1. Do floors in room except side where 75 currently is

2. Break down 75 and set it back up and get it running on the side of room where floors are done

- I have a fairly deep sand bed that I plan to get rid of to avoid cycling and killing everything with whatever is trapped in there.

3. Do floors in remainder of room

4. Move 175 in, plumb, aquascape, etc

5. Transfer everything to the 175 and break down the 75

My main concern is shocking everything by moving twice, but I think there is less risk doing it this way than trying to do it all in one day and having the 75 down for too long in the setup and transfer. Problems could arise in plumbing the new tank, etc and I wouldn't want to have to have everything in buckets and temporary tanks. I plan on getting some dead rock and cycling it in tubs with some established live rock for a couple weeks while I work on everything. I can use that extra water in the new tank to avoid adding 100 new gallons at once.

Good luck with the move today...