cute little dog

well i moved back out of town a while back, and my new nieghbors are always screaming and fighting. and after the cops left there house a couple weeks ago they have only came back once for an hour since, and they left there dog outside with no water or food and apearently dont care. so i have been feeding him and giving him water but tired of waiting on his parents to come home so i am trying to find him a new one since his only care about themselves. he looks like a yorkie mix kinda more curley hair than straight. black body with brown legs, still has his tail not sure about his nuts (havent looked that close) and guessing weighs around 7lbs and looks younger. my wife is out tonight so im baby watchn:unsure: . so` i can post a couple pics of him tomorrow, please let me know if you are any good home you know of will want him because he needs one soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's wonderful that you're taking care of it, but I'd be careful about giving away someone else's dog.

You're better-off reporting it to the police or the local animal shelter or humane society. They will come get it and make sure it goes to a good home.

im trying to get him to a good home so he doesnt have to wait in a kennel, and im not worried about the worthless owner, actually cant wait till he gets home so i can "talk" to him

Wouldn't it be nice to report it, so the owner(s) get issued a nice fine in the process? :)

Hey, a dog that was found in New Orleans after Katrina sat in a shelter while rescue groups waited for people to return and claim their animals. That dog was then moved on and placed up for foster care due to so many animals having been rescued. After awhile the foster home adopted the dog. The original owner came around after like 18 months and wanted their dog back. The new owners had spent several thousand dollars rehabbing that dog through a vet, seems many things were not right with this little dog. Many of the issues were from before the hurricane. After something like a 3 year legal battle and $75,000 in fees they settled. The dog was returned to the original owner.

Keep this in mind when you say "im trying to get him to a good home so he doesnt have to wait in a kennel, and im not worried about the worthless owner". You've also made this statement on a public forum, I'm sure that it would not be difficult to admit this into court. By removing the dog, in fact by even feeding the dog, you are trespassing onto private property and thus have already broken the law. You are how saying that you wish to steal this dog and deliver stolen property unto other persons.

Your heart may be in the right place, but please consider getting your head there soon as well. Do the right thing and file a report with the local law enforcement agencies. They will decide what the appropriate way to handle this situation will be and it will avoid jail time for you. You might contact Chad from "Chad and Belinda" to see what the law says that he would have to do to you should the legal owners claim you broke into their property, stole their dog, and rehomed it. Bet he'd enlighten you a bit and your tone would change.

+1 for reporting the dog to local authorities. It is safer for you and for the dog.

This is a legal MESS and it's best to have those that know how to handle it take the lead. There are many options where you can continue to check in on and make sure the dog is going to a good home. 1) Tell the shelter (and cops) that you are willing to foster the dog while the investigation is ongoing or that you are willing to foster if no one else is available (the dog will probably have to stay in the shelter until the investigation is finished - not the worst situation in the world, it will have clean water, food and a roof over its head). 2) appeal to a well established rescue organization and get them involved from the beginning. Rescue organizations already have established relationships with the shelters and can probably put a hold on the dog so it will enter one of their foster homes once the investigation is complete.

Plus - I hate to see people get away with animal cruelty. I can only hope that a wake up call in the form of a fine (or possible imprisonment) will prevent them from repeating the same behavior again - let's face it - they probably will if authorities do not intervene.

well i guess someone called on it because its gone now. the only reason i was trying to find it a new home is because it was running loose and the only food and water it got was when it would come to my house. i didnt trespass or try to steal anything, theres a for rent sign in the neighbors yard now so i guess they just left the little guy to die. hope hes in a better place now