sea horses

Hamp

I am thinking about adding a pair of erectus saehorses for my tank, and would like to hear other peoples thoughts on my tank. It is a 29g biocube with a chiller. I have slowly dropped the temp down to 74f, and it stays there no problem. I have around 50lbs of liverock, and since dosing zeo, my PO4 and Nitrates are undetectable. I am also running a Tunze 9002 in the middle chamber. I do have 2 acro colonies, and a small mini carpet. Its about the size of a quarter. I have my flow minimal, and everything seems happy. I do have lots of LPS, but nothing that seahorse.org doesnt recommend, except for those that I mentioned. I have a tailspot blenny in there, and would like to add a couple firefish and a clown goby. Maybe some sexy shrimp unless the the horses will eat them. I also want a clam at some point. Like a 3" maxima. Can anyone think of why I might not be successful?

There are stories of clams accidentally killilng seahorses that stumbled into them, crushing the seahorse when the clam's close reflex triggered. My bigger concern is how you make sure the horses get enough food with the other fish in the tank. Seahorses are sssssllllloooooooowwwwwwwww eaters... Toxiq might be onto something with the sexy shrimp since they're so small, but I've got two peps in with my two erectus, and I've never had any trouble between them. Sounds like the rest of your setup is in good shape, though.

I agree with Derry on the fish being able to out compete the ponies for the food.

Another concern, which might not be valid, is the acros. Are they safe for seahorse to hitch on to? I guess they probably do not have strong enough stingers to penetrate the seahorse's skin, but just a curiosity on my part.