July 2010 Photo Contest Vote

JamesL

July 2010 Photo Contest Vote  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I'm not voting. None of these are aquarium related, and according to the rules the contest photo has to be aquarium related. I have tons of Island photos that I could have entered... I actually went to an Island and got my photo... guess I was too late. This is a frogfish that I saw while scuba diving in Cozumel this past week.

post-1061-099034600 1279401332_thumb.jpg

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I'm not voting. None of these are aquarium related, and according to the rules the contest photo has to be aquarium related. I have tons of Island photos that I could have entered... I actually went to an Island and got my photo... guess I was too late. This is a frogfish that I saw while scuba diving in Cozumel this past week.

I'm sure all of us who submitted photos could have also posted a pic of the life off of the 'Island' we visited white snorkeling/scuba diving as well.

But since the topic wasn't 'life in the ocean off the coast of an island' and simply 'island', we posted the best pics of the islands we were on.

And how is your photo from the ocean aquarium related? Shouldnt we all just take pics of the stuff we have in our tanks and guess which 'island' it was caught off? That way we are for sure following the 'rules'.

Hopefully next month the topic will be 'pictures of frogfish in the ocean off of Cozumel' and then you will be able to submit your picture, and it will be PERFECT!

'''''''''

I'm sure all of us who submitted photos could have also posted a pic of the life off of the 'Island' we visited white snorkeling/scuba diving as well.

But since the topic wasn't 'life in the ocean off the coast of an island' and simply 'island', we posted the best pics of the islands we were on.

And how is your photo from the ocean aquarium related? Shouldnt we all just take pics of the stuff we have in our tanks and guess which 'island' it was caught off? That way we are for sure following the 'rules'.

Hopefully next month the topic will be 'pictures of frogfish in the ocean off of Cozumel' and then you will be able to submit your picture, and it will be PERFECT!

'''''''''

I'm not trying to be rude or start something. I'm simply stating what the rules state. Heck, I'm a photographer. I could come up with tons of stuff not aquarium related that can go with some of the contest topics.. The point is, that none of these photos adhere to the rules of the contest. My photo is related because I asked about it before hand.

http://www.austinree...nd-photo-theme/

Island is an aquarium related topic in that islands are in the oceans where the things we have in our aquariums come from. We have even had an off topic month where you could submit any photo. If you have a problem with how the contest is run, please PM a staff member instead of putting it in the vote thread. It is a moot point anyway since the submission deadline has passed.

• 2 weeks later...