ATO question

mhart032

Hey all, i have a 34g Solana and my ATO is from Aquahub its a DIY it seems the rear chamber in the solana surges just a tiny bit and it causes the float to go up and down just for a split second and makes the relay click CONSTANTLY!! any ideas?

thanks

Matt

I have the same setup and mine surges just a bit. My light cuts on every 2 minutes or so for about 2 - 4 secs. It annoys my wife more than me. What kind of pump are you using? Mine is a mini 404.

I that the floats in the top off chamber. I have the plastic where the bottles sit pulled out. That's the only place I can keep it where the water level is saposed to be. I have to use a large pump for the top off cause it's a long run from the 20g top off tank to the solana. But I don't think it's the ATO pump that's doing it. I have moved the ato line into the next chamber with same results. The pump I'm using is a little giant utility pump bought from leslies pool supply.

Matt

I fixed it, i wasnt looking at it clearly, it was from a siphon from the ato tank. it just couldnt make it over the tight curve in the hose to complete the siphon and go back to the ATO tank. i mounted the house out of the top off area so now its in the air and breaks the siphon and works fine.

thanks guys

Matt