AquaC Remora

doktorstick

Howdy.  I'm considering upgrading the stock skimmer to the AquaC Remora.  It's a HOB, but the advantage besides being a good skimmer is that it isn't dependent on the water level in the rear chambers of the Solana.  My stock skimmer is loud, but the upper seam split a month or so ago.

I've seen references to people using it in the Solana.  I'm curious if anyone in ARC has used it, and what their opinion of it is.  I'll be hooking it up to one of my Maxi-jet 1200s.

Chris

they make upgraded skimmers for solanas, i have been thinking about getting one but mine is still working great and i dont have a huge bioload with only 2 clowns. from what i hear and have read the Tunze 9002 is the best for this application. there are mixed reviews on the Deltec MCE300 and the skimmer hasnt been upgraded for a few yrs, so i think im going to stay away from that one. but the Tunze is 150 shipped and thatd a decent price for what you get. also the Tunze footprint will fit in the place of the stock skimmer so you can still keep the tank the same. yes it does rely on the water level but if you have ATO that isnt a problem. if you dont have ATO then it would be in the best intrest of the tank and less work on you to spend the 40 bucks on the DIY from Autotopoff.com. just my opinion..

matt